The festival will be held in a private estate on the outskirts of Bright. Apart from the outdoor activities everything else will be based here. The weekend has a mix of general presentations, outdoor activities and smaller, intimate workshops. You get to customise your weekend so you have the mix you want. You book the workshops and outdoor activities before you turn up (all included in the price). The front desk opens at 2 pm on Friday and the festival gets underway at 3 pm. Everything wraps up around 3pm on Sunday.
Friday evening we are lucky to have some choice movies featuring women adventurers, so BYO picnic blanket, snack pack and drinks as you experience an open-air cinema in the grounds of a private estate from 8.30 pm.
Saturday is the mega choice day, with outdoor adventure activities planned from early morning to lunchtime, and career and personal growth workshops planned for the afternoon. Meanwhile our inspirational speakers will be sharing their insights every hour from 1:30 pm. The evening will climax with a networking soiree to live music in the private estate, with food and drinks for purchase from around 6:30 pm (or maybe earlier!!) Check the schedule!
Our last day on Sunday, gives you catch up opportunities for venturing in the outdoors, attending some professional and personal workshop sessions and listening to more speakers. We’ll close the festival with a Q&A panel of speakers and workshops hosts finishing at 3 pm. That wraps it all up.
- A career that lights you up, Themla Vlamis
- *How to smash the glass ceiling, Deb Kwasnicki
- Getting control of your career, Nick Fletcher
- *A decision framework that prevents paralysis, Trudy Rankin
- *Rediscovering the YOU that you dream to be, Laurice Temple
- *Mindful skin, how stress, hormones and gut issues impact your skin’s ageing, Vicky Jamieson
- A conversation about menopause, Trudy Rankin and Sharon Langshaw
- *Feeling safe and confident hiking, Jeannette McGill
- Financial Management to live the life you choose, Kerry Ashbrook
- *Motivation and Stress Diagnostic, Eibhlin Fletcher
- *Laying the groundwork for success, Larry Cohen
- *Sustainable resilience, better relationships with self and others, Katrina Streatfeild
- *Who’s driving your bus? Build your personal dream team, Larry Cohen
- Deb Kwasnicki, Executive Search Consultant with Sheldon Harris on why it’s never too late to live the life you choose
- Eibhlin Fletcher, Festival Chief and Get a Grip of the Grind advocate
- Jeannette McGill, Head of Telstra Mining Services, a mountaineering motivator who just last year became the first RSA women to summit the worlds 8th highest mountain, Manaslu at 8163m
- Julia MaGuire, On Racing Australia’s toughest desert motorbike race and representing Australia blindfolded on a 280 kg motorbike
- Helen Doyle, Worklife Balance Master and at 72 year old still climbs, hikes and smashes rapids
- Kerry Ashbrook, Financial Literacy for Women. Take control of your money
- Laurice Temple, Owner, The Slow School on being your authentic self
- Melodie Wight, CFO and speaking for the first time on her life’s challenges
- Stella Stuthridge, Hume Magistrate on women’s choices and challenges in life
And ran several outdoor adventure activities over the whole weekend, all designed as tasters:
- Mountain biking
- Trail running
- Access to the master schedule (coming soon) from which you can plan your own personal itinerary,
- Around $350 virtual grind dollars to spend in the online store,
- An open air cinema showing on the Friday night,
- An evening networking soiree to live music on the Saturday where you can swop stories, about your experiences and get to know other festival goers,
- Lots and lots of presentations.
No accommodation, food or beverages are included in the ticket.
We are only selling one ticket, a general admission ticket. Your general admission ticket comes with $350 virtual grind dollars.
The virtual dollars will be released to you via a code (mid Feb 2020) that you can use to ‘reserve’ a place on the activities and workshops listed and priced using virtual grind dollars in our online store.
Each activity and workshop is capacity limited either due to health and safety (mainly outdoor activities) or for maximum impact by keeping ratio of facilitators to participants to ensuring quality outcomes for you.
Not a problem, just top up your credit card and continue shopping!